Bluetooth module

Hi all

I am very new to arduino and this is my first post on this forum. I bought this Bluetooth module from aliexpress but I couldn’t make it work! Why do you think? Is it lack of the chip on it? I am confused

I bought this Bluetooth module from aliexpress

Only you know what "this Bluetooth module" means.

PaulS:
Only you know what "this Bluetooth module" means.

Of course I do. I actually couldn't get what you mean? My question is I connected this to arduino making the right connections but the led on it won't flash. But at first I didn't use resistors for voltage dividing for the rx pin of the module then I realized that I should do so. I did but still no working

I actually couldn't get what you mean?

When I first read your post, there were no pictures.

A link is far more useful than pictures.

This is the module I bought

asduskun:
Of course I do.

No you don't. It's not a bluetooth module, it is merely the baseboard on which the bluetooth module is mounted, and is clearly described as such. This explains why it is only 72c, so stop being such a cheapskate, go to eBay and cough up about $3-50 for the real thing.

Nick_Pyner:
No you don't. It's not a bluetooth module, it is merely the baseboard on which the bluetooth module is mounted, and is clearly described as such. This explains why it is only 72c, so stop being such a cheapskate, go to eBay and cough up about $3-50 for the real thing.

Man this is not because I am cheap this because I am stupid about these things for now. But, since I ve bought this for now if I buy its chip and solder it on will it work? If yes, can you give me a link for the chip I should buy? By the way, I connected this board's rx pin directly to TX of arduino, it might have been damaged already or no?

asduskun:
But, since I ve bought this for now if I buy its chip and solder it on will it work?

The soldering will be tricky - unless you are already an expert. It will be very difficult to be sure if a problem is due to poor soldering or something else.

I think it would make more sense to start with a complete board until you are familiar with how the things work.

Note that the HC05 is more capable than a HC06.

...R

Robin2:
The soldering will be tricky - unless you are already an expert. It will be very difficult to be sure if a problem is due to poor soldering or something else.

I think it would make more sense to start with a complete board until you are familiar with how the things work.

Note that the HC05 is more capable than a HC06.

...R

I am actually very good at soldering small smd tools, whatever I edited my post above can you check it?

So can anyone give me a link? For example if I buy this one can I just solder it to my current board and use it?

You can probably get a bare HC-05 from the same source or definitely eBay for about $2.50. With the design of the backboard in hand, you know what you are in for, and it isn’t that hard. Note that you only need solder a few of the connections. You can omit the LED connections if you are game. I don’t think bare HC-06 are available, but note that the connections are slightly different. You won’t have done any damage by omitting the divider, because you have nothing to damage.

You might find the following background notes useful

http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~npyner/Arduino/GUIDE_2BT.pdf
http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~npyner/Arduino/BT_2_WAY.ino

Nick_Pyner:
You can probably get a bare HC-05 from the same source or definitely eBay for about $2.50. With the design of the backboard in hand, you know what you are in for, and it isn't that hard. Note that you only need solder a few of the connections. You can omit the LED connections if you are game. I don't think bare HC-06 are available, but note that the connections are slightly different. You won't have done any damage by omitting the divider, because you have nothing to damage.

You might find the following background notes useful

http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~npyner/Arduino/GUIDE_2BT.pdf
http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~npyner/Arduino/BT_2_WAY.ino

so according to the image just soldering 7 connections is enough, whether to solder led connections is up to me, even if i solder there is no problem right? what if i solder all the connections? it wont work? by the way i ll use hc-05

Seven is enuff. If you want LEDs, do both. If not, omit both. I don't know which is which, but I assume LED1 is on board. Of course you can solder all pads, it just wastes solder, increases the chances of grief, and is pointless.

Nick_Pyner:
Seven is enuff. If you want LEDs, do both. If not, omit both. I don't know which is which, but I assume LED1 is on board. Of course you can solder all pads, it just wastes solder, increases the chances of grief, and is pointless.

Thanks a lot