Bluetooth project help

Hi guys

I've been looking at ways of doing my project for my dissertation and it seems Arduino could be the perfect answer, however I still need some questions answered before I can begin (please).

Is it possible to power the board via a battery powered pack? I think this answers it:

but I just need to make sure before splashing money out as I don't have much at the moment

If so, does this mean that the board can run code within itself without the need of the PC, i.e. once the PC loads the code in, the code can run WITH the battery pack separate to the PC.

• Can I send data FROM the Bluetooth Module to the paired Device i.e. Android App in this case (NOT request data from the Android App, I know you can do that)? Something like pressing a button on the circuit board and sending data to the paired device?

Bluetooth module in this case: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Arduino-Wireless-Bluetooth-Transceiver-Module/dp/B0093XAV4U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453159890&sr=8-1&keywords=bluetooth+module+arduino

By the way guys, I have NO idea about Electronics in general and I've never used an Arduino board before, so I do apologise if I'm being ignorant here with what I'm attempting to achieve and I ask that you please be patient with me.

Thank you Adzi!

The answers are yes, yes, and yes, a 9v pp3 battery is about the worst choice, but it will work for a short time - maybe enough to prove your point.

It is actually easier to send data to Android than receive data from it.

Nick_Pyner: The answers are yes, yes, and yes, a 9v pp3 battery is about the worst choice, but it will work for a short time - maybe enough to prove your point.

It is actually easier to send data to Android than receive data from it.

Hi there

I only need it to work for a short time :)

Thank you so much for your reply!

If anyone else wants to give their input I'll be more than glad to read it!

Google npyner bluetooth guide for some basic notes

Nick_Pyner: Google npyner bluetooth guide for some basic notes

Great tutorial, thank you!