Bluetooth question

I’m adding a Bluetooth module to a Arduino mega to communicate with it can I use port1 and leave it connect permanently and be able to change the code in the Arduino and also under the Bluetooth propertys it shows 2 com ports one said income and the other said out going what port do I use to be able to send and receive

can I use port1 and leave it connect permanently and be able to change the code in the Arduino

Yes. The code downloads come over Serial on pins 0 and 1. Serial1 is on pins 19 and 18.

under the Bluetooth propertys it shows 2 com ports one said income and the other said out going what port do I use to be able to send and receive

What is communicating with the bluetooth module?

I'm using visual basic app to send command and then receive results back

Is the visual basic app talking to a bluetooth module/dongle on the computer which is sending/receiving wirelessly, or is the visual basic app communicating with the Arduino over Serial?

I was was communicating serial with the USB now I wanted to just connect wireless with the Bluetooth the laptop has Bluetooth built in but is showing two com ports when I connect to the Bluetooth module

the laptop has Bluetooth built in but is showing two com ports when I connect to the Bluetooth module

I'm sorry, I have no experience with pc bluetooth issues. I have only used a phone to a bluetooth module.

Ok thank

I have never had this problem but others have, and it has been addressed on this forum.