Bluetooth scales with batteries

Hi all

Here's some background

So I want to build some bluetooth scales using arduino. I understand I will have to have the atmega chip sleeping for the majority of the time as well as removing some regulators if I want the scales to be able to be powered from AA batteries.

My load cells are only 10kg each (I'll use 2, one on each side) and all the arduino will do is send a string to my mobile phone (android) of the load cell voltage (I'll calibrate on my phone) via bluetooth.

In the prototype I am building I have a HC-06 module, and my load cells work with the HX-7 module.

So I have two questions:

Are these the right modules for me to be using if I want to convert this project to be battery powered?

How does bluetooth pairing work with the arduino chip sleeping? Can the bluetooth wake the arduino up when needed?

Thanks everyone!

Can the bluetooth wake the arduino up when needed?

Potentially it could, or at least activity on the Bluetooth serial interface could be used to wake up the Arduino.

You would of course need to leave the Bluetooth adapter powered up for this to work.

srnet:
Potentially it could, or at least activity on the Bluetooth serial interface could be used to wake up the Arduino.

You would of course need to leave the Bluetooth adapter powered up for this to work.

I’ve read that bluetooth adapters tend to use around 15mA at their peak… that would suck up a lot of battery life pretty quickly hey

You can wake up everything from the BT module or from the load cells (on load change). Chose whatever costs least power while everything else is sleeping.