Bluetooth sending/receiving question

I have a project where I have a master Bluetooth chip (HC-05) rotate between various slaves based on what state its controller is in. One slave (another HC-05) sends reports of when it detects motion through a PIR sensor until it gets an ACK from the master. Once the master gets the report from the motion-detecting slave, it switches to a laptop to make a request for and download a data file to its SD card. Once this process is complete, the master switches back to monitoring the motion-detecting slave. Below is a rough sketch of the process:

+=====+ monitoring +=====+ +=====+ | motion | -------------------------| master | | laptop | +=====+ +=====+ +=====+

+=====+ --> report sent --> +=====+ +=====+ | motion | -------------------------| master | | laptop | +=====+ <-- ACK <-- +=====+ +=====+

+=====+ +=====+ --> request --> +=====+ | motion | | master |-------------------| laptop | +=====+ +=====+ <-- file transfer +=====+

+=====+ monitoring +=====+ +=====+ | motion | -------------------------| master | | laptop | +=====+ +=====+ +=====+

My problem is: right when I switch back to the motion-detecting slave, I get a flood of reports, even when there was no motion. Does anyone know why this would be? Does the slave perhaps send reports it wasn't able to send before the first connection terminated? Or perhaps while it had no connection? I'm wondering if what might be happening is if it has a sending buffer that it isn't able to empty while it's disconnected. Thanks!

EDIT: trying to fix how the diagram looks. Sorry - it looked fine when I was creating it!