Bluetooth/sensor project

Hi folks, first post.
I have an arduino Uno r3.
I built a project 2 years ago using a shield called a 1sheeld, which added BT functionality to the board. However, the product is no longer available, not updated, and the app crashes my phone now. So I've got to switch to another BT system.
I am using a LIDAR sensor to measure distance, and want to output that data to my phone. (Which I was successfully able to do with the 1sheeld).
The LIDAR uses VCC, SCL, SDA and GND
With the 1sheeld, I could just piggyback it to the uno and use the 1sheeld's VCC/SCL/SDA/GND pins. Easypeasy.
But now, as I must move to a different BT device, I need your advice.
There is an arduino board with built in BT, called BLUNO, from DFRobot.
There also was an Arduino BL, but that seems to also have been discontinued.
There are multiple smaller BT chips, but I am concerned that if they use the same pins as my LIDAR sensor I will run into trouble.
What would be my best way forward?
I should add, for space reasons, an arduino with built in BT seems attractive, my previous design with the BT shield + LIDAR +battery led to a large box, would like to reduce the footprint.
All advice appreciated.

Take a look at the Nano 33 BLE. Disclaimer: have not used the BLE variant and when I did use a 33 in January it seemed like there were teething problems; hopefully resolved by now.

I think Your SCL and SDA refers to I2C. I2C is a bus made for connecting several things to the same input. Every device connected only need to have a unique address.

There are multiple smaller BT chips, but I am concerned that if they use the same pins as my LIDAR sensor I will run into trouble.

Bluetooth modules like the HC05 use a serial port so will not use the same pins as the I2C LIDAR. You could connect a HC05 to your Uno using a software serial port.

Railroader:
I think Your SCL and SDA refers to I2C. I2C is a bus mafe fir connecting several things to the same input. Every device connected only need to have a unique address.

So how would it be possible to connect to the arduino nano 33 ble that has been suggested? Do i need a 12C board of some kind?

Looking at the schematic, it looks to me like pins 4 and 5 correspond to SCL and SDA. The other two pinouts from the LIDA are just voltage and ground. Is this correct?

thx...

geoffreybaker:
The LIDAR uses VCC, SCL, SDA and GND
................There are multiple smaller BT chips, but I am concerned that if they use the same pins as my LIDAR sensor I will run into trouble.

You are referring to the I2C bus - SDA,SCL. I have never heard of any Bluetooth that uses that bus, and even in the unlikely event that one could be pursuaded to do so, it wouldn't be a problem. It's a bus. The 1sheeld probably connected Bluetooth via serial pins just like anybody else would, and used SDA,SCL for I2C devices - just like anybody else would.

There is a swag of ways of doing this with Bluetooth, and using the HC-05 is as valid as it ever was. You may even find that WiFi, using ESP8266, a better option. It might be cheaper and a hell of a lot more compact. In that event, your Uno could be used for something else(!).