Bluetooth Serial Communication Custom Program

Hey,

I'm still relatively new to arduino, but have been playing around and aquired a bluetooth module, I can connect and manually send/recieve bytes.

My problem is I want to create my own bespoke communicator i.e a nice GUI with sliders/buttons that will send commands. Can anyone suggest a program that can achieve this.

I looked into java, C++, however I've never coded in those languages and it would probably take me a long time to get it to work the way i want.

Processing is no good either.

Any other suggestions or basic codes that can interface with serial connections and be customised easily?

Thanks in advance XD

I'm still relatively new to arduino, but have been playing around

If you've been programming the Arduino, then

I looked into java, C++, however I've never coded in those languages

is wrong, since the Arduino is programmed in C++.

Any other suggestions or basic codes that can interface with serial connections and be customised easily?

Well, I like C# for it's ease of use in designing GUIs and for it's ease of use in talking to the serial port. The only drawback, and this will be true in other languages too, is that the GUI runs in one thread and serial communication runs in another thread, so you need an interface to allow the GUI thread to talk to the serial thread and to allow the serial thread to talk to the GUI thread. It's not all that difficult, though. I have a sample app that I could send you.

Thanks for your quick response Paul. Yeah I forget arduino is basic C/C++ language.

Regardless It's not my strong point since I am new to this. Slightly jumping into the deep end I think.

A sample app would be great to look at.

Thanks

A sample app would be great to look at.

PM me with an e-mail address.