Bluetooth shield for arduino

I have recently purchased a Bluetooth shield for arduino from maplins and I am unable to connect any phone to it, I have tried various serial apps and various phones to do this, can anyone help? I have left the code that I have used below.

}

for(int i=0; i<4; i++)
{
if(final_==correct*) //Compare each char received to each car in our password in order*_
* {*
* pass_correct = 1; //If we compare two chars and they match, set the pass_correct variable to true(1)
_
}_
_
else*_
* {*
* pass_correct = 0; //if the two compared chars do NOT match, set pass_correct variable to false(0)
_
break; //End loop and stop comparing chars*_
* }*
* }*
}
if(pass_correct==1) //If all chars compared match, deactivate(unlock) the lock for 5 seconds
{
* Serial.println(“Unlocked”);*
* digitalWrite(lock, LOW);*
* delay(5000); (continued next page)*
* Serial.println(“Locked”);*
* pass_correct = 0;
_
}_
else
_
{_
digitalWrite(lock, HIGH); //Else if there was not a complete match, keep the lock high(locked)
_
}_
_/ FOR TESTING_

Serial.print(final[0]);Serial.print(final[1]);Serial.print(final[2]);Serial.print(final[3]);
Serial.print(" | ");
Serial.print(correct[0]);Serial.print(correct[1]);Serial.print(correct[2]);Serial.print(correct[3]);
Serial.print(" ");
Serial.print(pass_correct);
Serial.println("");
*/
delay(500);
}

This is an Arduino forum. That code does not look like anything that would ever work on an Arduino. If it was actually intended to work on an Arduino, I would suggest you still ditch it and use something more like everybody else uses.

You might find the following background notes useful

http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~npyner/Arduino/GUIDE_2BT.pdf
http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~npyner/Arduino/BT_2_WAY.ino

but they do presuppose some minimal understanding of (conventional) Arduino programming.

but they do presuppose some minimal understanding of (conventional) Arduino programming.

And of how to post code here correctly. The stickies at the top of the forum explain that, if you'd bothered reading them, like you were supposed to BEFORE you posted here.