Bluetooth Shield is not visible to some mobile

Hello,

I am trying to detect Bluetooth Shield :- Bluetooth Shield‏‎ - Seeed Wiki.
But I am not sure why I am not able to see this shield on my HTC Inspire Mobile while it is visible on other Mobile phones of Nokia and Samsung.

What's the reason it is not supporting some mobile ?

Regards,
HallMark

Maybe the BT shield device class (Serial device) is not one your HTC supports, maybe it only does audio class for connecting headsets etc.

Riva:
Maybe the BT shield device class (Serial device) is not one your HTC supports, maybe it only does audio class for connecting headsets etc.

So it is HTC phone's limitation or some updates by CSR can solve this issue?

What bluetooth app do you have on HTC inspire? I normally go with some free generic bluetooth serial app. I have an iteadstudio bt shield and the included app is sh*t. Crashes every time on my HTC inspire. I ended up upgrading to a Samsung galaxy S3. Never tried that iteadstudio app again. Just used generic bt serial app for my newer bt modules.

liudr:
What bluetooth app do you have on HTC inspire? I normally go with some free generic bluetooth serial app. I have an iteadstudio bt shield and the included app is sh*t. Crashes every time on my HTC inspire. I ended up upgrading to a Samsung galaxy S3. Never tried that iteadstudio app again. Just used generic bt serial app for my newer bt modules.

First I have tried to scan this device in my bluetooth list (without using any App) But it was not listed in my phone.
Then I have tried with Blueterm and few more application. But still BT shield is not visible to scanned list.

You can't find it with scan bluetooth device on your phone, that "smart" phone is looking for handsfree and keyboards etc. If blueterm can't find it, try a few more times. Blueterm is not the greatest but will eventually work if the shield works with other phones.

liudr:
You can't find it with scan bluetooth device on your phone, that "smart" phone is looking for handsfree and keyboards etc. If blueterm can't find it, try a few more times. Blueterm is not the greatest but will eventually work if the shield works with other phones.

Yes. I have tried many times but it was not able to scan it. :~ I have seen on BT Shield wiki on Seeedduino they have mentioned that it may not work with some HTC phones. :frowning:

HallMark:
So it is HTC phone's limitation or some updates by CSR can solve this issue?

Finding/Writing and applying CSR updates is not a job to be taken lightly, I would not attempt it and I'm an idiot. :grin:

For reference, from the picture, the BT shield use a generic BT module sold by the zillions. I have 2 of those modules, as well as the BTBee, which also uses the same generic module. You can see these things on the current BT Joystick Commander thread.

Both my Android tablet, which has v4.2.1, and my friend's Samsung Galaxy 3 phone with Android 4.1 can detect those modules and pair with them with no problem. This indicates the HTC phone just doesn't have the proper software to do this. Maybe the OS version is too old.

oric_dan:
For reference, from the picture, the BT shield use a generic BT module sold by the zillions. I have 2 of those modules, as well as the BTBee, which also uses the same generic module. You can see these things on the current BT Joystick Commander thread.

Both my Android tablet, which has v4.2.1, and my friend's Samsung Galaxy 3 phone with Android 4.1 can detect those modules and pair with them with no problem. This indicates the HTC phone just doesn't have the proper software to do this. Maybe the OS version is too old.

It's Android 2.3

My HTC was a bit newer. That could have been the difference. I was able to do it. Sorry. Planned obsolescence, maybe?

I happened to run across this post, and may be applicable to the original problem. Also, an HTC-BT trouble, but I don't know enough about HTC or BT myself to know for sure if it's any help,