blutooth module that doesn't need voltage divder

Is there any blutooth module that straight up plug and play? Don’t want to do any voltage dividers. Also I have read a few topic where people are using the 5v with no issue. If I supply my blutooth module with the 3.3v pin, do I still need a voltage divider?

If I supply my bluetooth module with the 3.3v pin, do I still need a voltage divider?

What specific module? The HC05 and HC06 will not work reliably with 3.3v Vss.

What is your issue with a voltage divider on the module RX line?

Also I have read a few topic where people are using the 5v with no issue.

We've all read the same thing. Let us know how it works out for you. What are the reliability and longevity requirements of your application?

cattledog:
What specific module? The HC05 and HC06 will not work reliably with 3.3v Vss.

What is your issue with a voltage divider on the module RX line?

We've all read the same thing. Let us know how it works out for you. What are the reliability and longevity requirements of your application?

I have a Hm-10 right now. I was told that it needed a voltage divider. I don't have a problem getting a different BT module.

Just want to keep an clean install. No breadboard, don't really want to solder ohm resistance in lines. (but if I need to I'll have to do it). I don't mind paying a few extra bucks for a BT module that just works to keep this clean look.

I have a Hm-10 right now

The HM10 is a BLE module. I would not take the internet talk of 5v tolerance for the bluetooth classics hc05 or hc06 as especially valid for the HM10.

Could you use a 3.3v Arduino?

@647chang

Other post/duplicate LOCKED

Please do NOT cross post / duplicate as it wastes peoples time and efforts to have more than one post for a single topic.

Continued cross posting could result in a time out from the forum.

Could you also take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.
Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

If you are serious about a clean look, put it all in a box or, better still, buy it all in a box. The HM-10 comes on the same breakout boards as the HC-0x, and therefore the same wiring recommendations apply. If you trawl Google images, you will find about half of them don't have the recommended divider. If your disinclination to use it trumps commonsense, go ahead, it might be quite OK but only a fool will tell you it will be OK and, if it isn't, remember where you heard it first. The Blueteeth are 3.3v so, IF you get a 3.3v Arduino, as Cattledog suggests, e.g. a 3.3v Pro Mini, you can get HC-0x or HM-10 as bare 3.3v modules and dispense with the dividers, No wait, there is some interesting soldering involved.......

The divider is recommended because Arduino's Tx pin is 5v. No amount of fiddling with Bluetooth's VCC will fix this. The minimum on the breakout board is 3.6v anyway.

some 3.3V microcontrollers and similar devices have 5V tolerant input pins, e.g. the PIC24FJ1024GB610, which indicates that although the device uses 3.3V logic levels specified input pins can be connected to 5V level devices.
When using 3.3V devices such as the HC-05 I would tend to use an Arduino Due which is 3.3V.
In case where a 5V host is required I would use a bidirectional level converter