bms design

I’m a programmer with a few spare arduino nano. I haven’t worked on circuits in a few years, and this seems like a good exercise.

Since LTO cells have specs that I like, I want to experiment with lto cells and bms design for my next ebike battery.

Could sampling cell voltages be as simple as using a pair of analog mux, a capacitor, and a few relays to disconnect the capacitor from the cell when connected to the board?

Is it worthwhile to find a more precise circuit for use with new cells?

leaf26: I'm a programmer with a few spare arduino nano. I haven't worked on circuits in a few years, and this seems like a good exercise.

Since LTO cells have specs that I like, I want to experiment with lto cells and bms design for my next ebike battery.

Could sampling cell voltages be as simple as using a pair of analog mux, a capacitor, and a few relays to disconnect the capacitor from the cell when connected to the board?

Is it worthwhile to find a more precise circuit for use with new cells?

I have been looking at a similar project with LFP cells. I'm thinking to use at least 12 bit A to D to sample the voltage at each cell. The range is LFP cells is about 2.5V to 3.65V so there will need to be some adjustment for that, depending upon the processor you select.

I don't understand what you mean about disconnecting a capacitor.

Have a look at this one, it may be of interest or give you ideas how to do it, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CbuOteAcv04

I worked on a similar idea, but I used just op-amps in differential mode using a 16Bit adc and sampled 4 batteries, must admit only simulated it, I was just waiting to get some parts for it to test in real world but then just placed it on the back burner for another project. I may blow the dust off it and start again.