Board Manager Trouble

Was in middle up updating some code for my Mega2560 when the IDE alerted me a board update was available. Checked and saw it was for base Arduino boards so hey, lets do it. Update complete and now I can't upload to the Mega2560. Why wasn't this release checked before squirting it out there?? This is my IDE error message:

avrdude: no programmer has been specified on the command line or the config file
Specify a programmer using the -c option and try again

Does anyone know if there is a fix yet??

cday-nz:
Was in middle up updating some code for my Mega2560 when the IDE alerted me a board update was available. Checked and saw it was for base Arduino boards so hey, lets do it. Update complete and now I can't upload to the Mega2560. Why wasn't this release checked before squirting it out there?? This is my IDE error message:

avrdude: no programmer has been specified on the command line or the config file
Specify a programmer using the -c option and try again

Does anyone know if there is a fix yet??

You should really have started your own thread for this rather than hijacking someone else's, especially since your problem is completely unrelated to bartolobot's. You would have had a better chance of getting help specific to your problem, especially if you made the problem clear in the thread title.

Anyway, if you go into "Boards Manager", you should be able to reinstall the version of AVR Arduino Boards that you were previously using. Which version of the IDE?

Thread split.