Board problem

Hello there, i (think) had a problem with my Arduino Uno board.

So i'm using an Arduino Uno with CNC Shield attached for CNC Mini project. One time, my friend was going to check if there's a current in the motor stepper drivers on CNC Shield using a Multimeter, i don't know if he was doing it wrong, but there's a spark, twice, on the driver and broke the driver.

So i'm asking could be the Arduino board affected by it? because the Arduino apps can connect with my board but whenever i'm trying to upload a program, even the default one, it can't.

here's the pic of my board and CNC Shield

[
[

also, the code that i got:
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x8a

please help, thank you.
](Whats-App-Image-2019-10-07-at-11-13-42 — ImgBB)](Whats-App-Image-2019-10-07-at-11-13-41 — ImgBB)

Photo of your shield doesn't help me much.
Yes, the board can be damaged and probably it is. Did you try to upload to bare Arduino board - everything disconnected?
But, even you could upload app, there is a possibility that I/Os are damaged. So, you can do the tests, step by step and trying to repair it somehow or you can buy a new one.

yes, i've tried to upload wiith or without CNC Shield, but still won't upload.

any tips?

Definitely you have to try it without a shield first. If it is not working without the shield how it might work with it?
What is the error? What is in the log?
I deduce from the context that the UNO is visible from your PC, right?
The UNO is with socket? If yes, then it is able to replace 328P chip.

More information please.

Yes i've tried it without the shield but it still won't upload, here's the error log in arduino

i'm using UNO with the IC 328P

sorry for late reply

People dont like unknown links.

Please READ THIS post then add your logs inside CODE TAGS ( </> )

If it is too long then attach it as a TXT file.

T.I.A.

Bob.

Picture of log, really?

i'm using UNO with the IC 328P

Each UNO has ATmega328P as I know. The difference is in its package like ATmega328P-PU which means that it is DIL (dual in-line). This one is easily replaceable because is in socket, not soldered. And that is a question: is it this type?
Anyway, it looks that the USB/serial transceiver is good. The problem is probably in ATmega328P. It can be corrupted bootloader
or something more serious.

Friend slipped with multimeter, there were sparks, it was working and it no longer is, even without shield?

This points to hardware damage. Replace the board and shield. Gotta be very careful when you've got voltages >5v in close proximity to the arduino i/o pins and 5v/3.3v pins, a brief connection of 12v ti those is virtually guaranteed to be destructive.

syafri:
Hello there, i (think) had a problem with my Arduino Uno board.

So i'm using an Arduino Uno with CNC Shield attached for CNC Mini project. One time, my friend was going to check if there's a current in the motor stepper drivers on CNC Shield using a Multimeter, i don't know if he was doing it wrong, but there's a spark, twice, on the driver and broke the driver.

So i'm asking could be the Arduino board affected by it? because the Arduino apps can connect with my board but whenever i'm trying to upload a program, even the default one, it can't.

here's the pic of my board and CNC Shield

[/mykfcexperience
[

also, the code that i got:
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x8a

please help, thank you.

[/quote]

The difference is in its package like ATmega328P-PU which means that it is DIL (dual in-line). This one is easily replaceable because is in socket, not soldered. And that is a question: is it this type?
Anyway, it looks that the USB/serial transceiver is good. The problem is probably in ATmega328P.](Whats-App-Image-2019-10-07-at-11-13-42 — ImgBB)](Whats-App-Image-2019-10-07-at-11-13-41 — ImgBB)