It has finally happened. I have too many Arduino compatible boards. Why doesn’t the IDE take the number of boards into account? When I go to the menu to select the board I’m going to program the newest ones that I’ve added are below the bottom edge of the screen.
To select the board I’m programming, I have to:
- Open the “boards.txt” file.
- Find the board I am programming.
- Manually count it’s place in line.
- THEN I have to go back to the IDE
- Press the down arrow until I’m pretty sure it is on the right board.
- Press and hope the board that shows in the bottom right corner is the correct one.
WHAT A PAIN! I hope the next version has a scroll bar if all the boards don’t fit on the screen at once.
Is there a workaround besides creating two separate files and figuring out which one needs to be loaded on starup?