Boarduino and RTC reset pin

My Boarduino reset pin is at 5V and reset pin of the DS3231SN RTC is at 0V.

When they are connected together, reset button on Boarduino and uploading code via FTDI cable is not working. I guess the reset pin of Boarduino is at 0V when connected to reset pin of the RTC.

My question is shall the reset pin of the RTC connect to reset pin of Boarduino? I saw a similar project online that they should be connected together.

Thank you.

Plus, the SDA pin of the RTC is at 5V when the Vcc pin of the RTC is connected to 5V. Is this normal? I am thinking if I have burnt this RTC chip while doing soldering.

I think the SDA pin of the RTC is disturbing the I2C communication to Boarduino because EEPROM could communicate with Boarduino without connecting to SDA pin of the RTC.

I don't think that most folks connect the RTC reset pin to the MCU reset pin. But it depends on what you're trying to accomplish. Do you have a reason to connect them together, or are you just doing it because you saw it somewhere?

BTW, shouting URGENT in the subject line will likely have the opposite of the desired effect. Most of the time I don't even look at such posts.

Why is this urgent? Is the assignment due today?

BrianWong: I think the SDA pin of the RTC is disturbing the I2C communication to Boarduino because EEPROM could communicate with Boarduino without connecting to SDA pin of the RTC.

Are you using any pull-up resistors? Perhaps draw or photograph what you are doing.

I don’t have reason to connect them for my work. I found out that the reset pin is used to indicate a power-fail condition and give delay to stabilize power supply from datasheet. Are these important?

Its not due today nor this week. I just want to get it done asap.

Yes, I am using a pull-up resistor but I measured it when it is not connected to Barduino. It still has 5V when it is not connected to Boarduino. As you can see from the attached image, the dark green colour wire is not connected.