Bodmer ILI9341 Master library vs Datasheet

Hi

I am stuck with the new layout of the new library,the command list changed a bit and I cannot find the commands in the datasheet that represent the values used.

Small part of library:

ILI9341_SWRESET, ILI9341_INIT_DELAY,       // 1
		#endif
		 0xEF, 3,                        // 2
		 0x03, 0x80, 0x02,

0xCF, 3,                        // 3
		0x00, 0xC1, 0x30,

0xED, 4,                        // 4
		0x64, 0x03, 0x12, 0x81,

If I understand correctly the 0xEF is a command ,followed by three data sets,but I cannot find the

0xEF , 0xCF , 0xED , in the command list in the datasheet.

I dont know if I am allowed to past any part of the datasheet here...this ''below'' is printed on every page.

The information contained herein is the exclusive property of ILI Technology Corp. and shall not be distributed,
reproduced, or disclosed in whole or in part without prior written permission of ILI Technology Corp.
Page 4 of 233

Please help a dummy stuck with a big not sure what I am doing....Thanks

Almost all controllers have undocumented features. And typos in their documented features.

You can make some intelligent guesswork. Especially if Ilitek publishes an undocumented feature in their Application Note.

All the same, a datasheet with errors is MUCH better than no datasheet at all.

David.

Thanks -- David

Could also be control registers added for a different display that Bodmer tested.

Bodmer is using his box of secrets.

Thanks David for picking up on this.

The init sequence was pulled from the Adafruit ILI9341 library a few years ago. Since it worked and they generally seem to get things right I did not investigate further. You may find you can delete those lines and it will not make a difference!

Ahaa...mystery solved.

Thanks David.

Thanks Bodmer.