Book recommendations for general electronics and sound synthesis

Hi,

I hope this is the right place to ask for book recommendations but since I am already registered here, why not try. :slight_smile:

I would like to get into electronics, especially audio / sound synthesis, and therefore read some books. Since school, I didn't really had anything to do with electronics so I only know some basics, what resistors are, what capacitors are and that there is something called ohm's law. :wink: I guess that any good book on electronics would do for this part.

The other part would be the sound synthesis thing. I do alot of digital sound synthesis (=programming), already implemented oscillators, filters, delays, synth's and effects. I tried so search for some good books on developing circuits for these kinds of stuff but most of the books are focused on amplifers and other topics in audio processing.

Do you know some good books on these topics?

Thanks in advance. :wink:
Cheers!

On the electronics side I'd recommend Electronic Principles by Albert Malvino. I think the latest one is edition 7.

for the analog synthesis part: Musical Engineer's Handbook by Bernie Hutchins... it's a tough book

Hi,
thanks for the answers!

Sadly, I can't find Musical Engineers' Handbook anywhere,... Is there an alternative? :smiley:

I have it in pdf, but I don't think I can share it here