Bootloader, Fuses and Speed

EDIT: This is now resolved, I re-did the upload bootloader using the UNO as ISP and selected a PRO 3.3v 8MHz as the target. All is good in the world. The Stalker still doesn’t work, another post for another day.

Hello All,

I’m in a bit of a pickle.

Ive configured one of my Arduino’s for incorrect speeds/settings.

Seeed Stalker v2 - 8MHz, currently running on internal Clock, Has external 8MHz crystal.

Arduino UNO R1? - Working

I was playing with Nick Gammons Bootloader writer trying to get a bootloader into a Stalker v1, and in testing the operation of the bootloader sketch, I’ve accidentally uploaded a bootloader and reset the fuses for UNO operation.

So far I have it back to Lillypad bootloader (internal 8MHz clock).

Now if I understand the process correctly, I need to rewrite a fuse to enable an external clock, This is the bit I’m not sure about. There seems to be a lot of information on the topic but I’m not sure if the fuses are supposed to be different for 8/16MHz operation.

Any assistance gladly welcomed!

Adrian

Atmega fuse calculator. Written by Nick Gammon. Entered programming mode OK. Signature = 0x1E 0x95 0x0F Processor = ATmega328P Flash memory size = 32768 LFuse = 0xFF HFuse = 0xDA EFuse = 0xFD Lock byte = 0xCF Clock calibration = 0xA0 External Reset Disable.................. [ ] Debug Wire Enable....................... [ ] Enable Serial (ICSP) Programming........ [X] Watchdog Timer Always On................ [ ] Preserve EEPROM through chip erase...... [ ] Boot into bootloader.................... [X] Divide clock by 8....................... [ ] Clock output............................ [ ] Bootloader size: 2048 bytes. Start-up time: SUT0: [ ] SUT1: Clock source: low-power crystal. Brownout detection at: 2.7V.

Once the fuses are configured for an exernal clock, the clock itself determines the clock speed.