Bootloader on Atmega328p with Arduino Uno

Hi,

Im trying to burn bootloader on an Atmega328p with my Arduino Uno. I have done all the steps on the link: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ArduinoToBreadboard and have tried the steps with minimal and with regular configuration.

With regular configuration there is no option under tools/board for “Arduino Duemilanove or Nano w/ ATmega328” or any parallel since I using the Uno. I have seen a Youtube video of a guy burning the bootloader anyway, with just the Arduino Uno board selected. When I try this this is my error is the first attachment.

With minimal configuration, Ive been able to select “ATmega328 on a breadboard (8 MHz internal clock)” but still get the error in my second attachment.

Im hoping someone can help me out.

Thanks

Minimal Configuration.txt (379 Bytes)

Regular Configuration.txt (3.29 KB)

This:

avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e9514 (probably m328)
avrdude: Expected signature for ATmega328P is 1E 95 0F
         Double check chip, or use -F to override this check.

It looks like different type of chip. Check whether your chip is really ATmega328P or ATmega328. The P means pico power.
They differs in signature.

Minicore board package supports the 328 p or non p with no farting around https://github.com/mcudude/minicore

Budvar10:
This:

avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e9514 (probably m328)

avrdude: Expected signature for ATmega328P is 1E 95 0F
        Double check chip, or use -F to override this check.

It looks like different type of chip. Check whether your chip is really ATmega328P or ATmega328. The P means pico power.
They differs in signature.

I have the ATmega328-P0, how does this differ from the standard bootloading setup?

ATmega328-P0? You probably mean ATmega328-PU. The letters after dash identify package type. PU is for 28 pin DIL.
Bootloader setup should be same for ATmega328P and ATmega328. The only difference, I know about, is the signature. The entry for 328 in the boards.txt should solve it.

I am using Atmega328p with my Arduino Uno

I would like to have the code or sketch or compiled code to be on the some memory cards like SD card. Then whenever I switch on the power of arudino, it should work. Even if i reset the board, the code should reside and should work. For this what I have to do? This is for making a product which will work by switching on the power. Could any body help?

Why do you want to run code off the SD card vs off the 328P chip? The code on the chip will run as soon as power is applied.

kollamrajeshr:
I am using Atmega328p with my Arduino Uno

I would like to have the code or sketch or compiled code to be on the some memory cards like SD card. Then whenever I switch on the power of arudino, it should work. Even if i reset the board, the code should reside and should work. For this what I have to do? This is for making a product which will work by switching on the power. Could any body help?

This is totally unnecessary - all code uploaded to an atmega or other AVR processor is stored to non-volatile flash memory, and stays there until you upload something different, even when power is removed. In fact, since avr is a harvard architecture, ALL CODE must be stored in the flash memory.

If you want to make it possible to change the code by swapping a physical item containing firmware, you would have to write a bootloader that read this external memory, and wrote the data from it to the flash! This is an advanced project that you can't do from the arduino IDE.