bootloader only works once

I been playing all day with the atmega32 and trying to get it working with the help of the people in this forum, and I'm getting close, once last problem, I installed the arduino bootloader atmega32 the problem it's only works once, and then stops working I read is something to do with the lock fuses I check many times it has to be CF what else could it be

Entering programming mode.. OK! Reading fuses address 0 to 1.. 0xFF, 0xDA .. OK!

Fuse bits verification.. OK Writing lockbits .. 0xCF .. OK! Leaving programming mode.. OK!

are you writing the bootloader with the lock fuses already set?

I tried both ways, I program the bootloader and then program the fuses, I also set the fuses first and then program the bootloader but that way the fuses reset, after I run the sketch and come back to check the fuses the lockbit still at 0xCF but I can upload any sketches anymore. I was following this instructions: http://wiki.edwindertien.nl/doku.php?id=software:bootloaders

icemetal: I installed the arduino bootloader atmega32 the problem it's only works once, and then stops working

Usually that means that your auto-reset hardware isn't working. Try holding down the Arduino's Reset button until the "Binary sketch size" message appears and then release the Reset button. If that upload works it proves that your auto-reset hardware is not working.

you are the man johnwasser!!!you are right the auto-reset hardware is not working, does it mean I have a bad chip or some connections I have to fix? cause I connected the atmega32 to the reset pin of the arduino board and that didn't do anything,

The auto-reset connects one of the handshake signals from the USB-to-Serial hardware (DTR? RTS?) through a capacitor to the Reset pin of the ATmega. The Reset pin also has a pull-up resistor.

Do you leave the ATmega processor in the Arduino when you use the Arduino to connect to the ATmega32?