BOOTLOADER SEQUENCES.....

HI,

First a little history to illustrate my question:

Back in the late 80'ties (when CP/M still was modern) we had several HP-125 terminals. Those HP-125 was equipped with 2 Z-80A (4 Mhz) CPU's. One controlling the pheriperals incl. I/O (RS-232C) and the other the CP/M- part. The Intercommunication between those 2 CPU's was via ESCAPE sequences. One ESC-sequence transferred data from the (hard?) / Floppy-disk to the CP/M RAM and another did the transfer the other way. Again another ESC-sequence did the data-transfer to the RS-232C port and (naturally) again another read the Data fra the serialport. And so on for screen/keyborad, so on for printer, and so on for plotter, and so on for .... In short an Escape sequence for all main functions.

And now back to ARDUINO's.

Seeking here and seeking there I have succeded to find out that our Arduino's (at least the 328P) are controlled by some DATA-sequences (although HUGE code differences), the principles are the same (deleting FLASH, writing New data, verifying data, reading data (??) etc) by sending a (escape ??) sequence to the bootloader, which respons according to the command in the sequence. And here is the resemblance to the above mentioned HP-125. You control the device by sending special code-sequence's to the device.

And now the question:

Are all these (Escape-??) sequences for controlling a ARD-328P puclic ? And if so where can I obtain these codes ?

Kindly Regards

KRIS aka snestrup2026

Yes, they are public. In the datasheet for ATmega328P as "Serial Programming Instruction set". I hope that is what you are looking for.

Robert aka Budvar10

And, you probably looking also for stk500v1 protocol fy Atmel which is used for communication with the bootloader so here you go: https://www.microchip.com/wwwAppNotes/AppNotes.aspx?appnote=en592001 .

HI,

Thanks!

It needs to be read carefully, but I guess that's what I want.

For N := -forever to +forever DO
ShowMessage(" Thanks a lot ";

END.

(PS: Delphi Syntax!)

Kris

See also Home · Optiboot/optiboot Wiki · GitHub

The Uno bootloader uses the stk500v1 protocol, which is documented in an Atmel app-note.