Bootloader with watchdog support MEGA2560 R3?

Hi there, Resently I purchased few MEGA 2560 based boards off one of the webstores and those came with CH340 bridge installed on them. That was not the problem if not advantage as sketches loaded onto the boards faster than to FTDI analogs. Another advantage I noticed, that the boards came already with updated bootloaders which supports watchdog feature? so I did not have to reflash them to optiboot one.

So question is is there updated bootloader for Arduino MEGA with FTDI chip? I need to have bootloader with watchdog support.

Same bootloader, the Atmega2560 doesn't care which USB/Serial adapter is between the Serial and PC. Load the bootloader from a recent IDE version, I suspect you'll be all set.

Arduino hasn't used FTDI on Mega's since the 1280Mega back in 2009 I think. 2560Megas's have used Atmega8U2 and then 16U2 as far as I know.

Will try, Thanks!

I assume the version supplied with current versions of the IDE supports it. The source code included definitely has the code to handle it (or it did when I was last hacking at it last year). The bootloader that comes on the clones is ancient.

DrAzzy: I assume the version supplied with current versions of the IDE supports it. The source code included definitely has the code to handle it (or it did when I was last hacking at it last year). The bootloader that comes on the clones is ancient.

Yes it is!

I've burned bootloader from new IDE and it supports it! Thanks for help!