Bootloader works only once.

I use an arduino (duemilanove) as a ISP programmer (from the examples) to burn bootloader for my arduino board which seems to work fine. However, in the programmed board the bootloader works only once to get the code from usb, afterwich the bootloader needs to be burnt again. Both boards have 328p.

From another thread it looks like its fuse setting and/or reset related issue, my skill level is not yet sufficient to fully understand.

Anyone having the same problem / cure for it?

Are you using the IDE to install the bootloader?

From another thread it looks like its fuse setting and/or reset related issue, my skill level is not yet sufficient to fully understand.

Anyone having the same problem / cure for it?

Can you show us a schematic of your target board? How are you handling the DTR auto-reset function?

Lefty

Are you using the IDE to install the bootloader?

I'm using Seeeduino328 cloneboard to burn bootloader to my custom board.

Can you show us a schematic of your target board? How are you handling the DTR auto-reset function?

This is propably it since I'm not handling it, target board does not have (FTDI) usb chip assembled, I use the same Seeduino328 to upload codes, I just put Seeduino328 in permanent reset and connect RX & TX to my target board. I should connect the DTR(from) to reset(target) too?!?

The schematic: [/img]Image1.jpg[/img]

This works fine, but just once.

I discovered more serious problem (considering my application), after reboot the target board doesn't start code running until reset has been applied?!? :o

8-)