Bootloader

I have bought a NanoV3. On connecting with USB the blink starts on the builtin Led.
I want to know which bootloader is installed on the 328P chip.
Is there a way to know this?
Regards.

Yes, Try to upload, if one selection failes, it must be the other NANO.

I can upload a sketch, no issues. I want to know if it has the Optiboot bootloader or not.

look ata the MAXIMUM size of the compiled code, if it 32,XXX then its OPTIBOOT, of it is 30,xxx then it i not.

Sketch uses 860 bytes (2%) of program storage space. Maximum is 30720 bytes.
Global variables use 15 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2033 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.

it is not optiboot ?

No

missdrew:
look ata the MAXIMUM size of the compiled code, if it 32,XXX then its OPTIBOOT, of it is 30,xxx then it i not.

The nano should show 2k bytes used for the bootloader regardless of which bootloader it has.

The "old bootloader" is not optoboot, the current bootloader is, although the fuse setting incorrectly retains the 2k bootloader memory allocation.

You could flash the UNO optiboot to the NANO - Just remember to choose UNO when you upload. :slight_smile:

One noticeable difference, optiboot uploads at 115200 baud, the old bootloader at 57600 baud.

I can upload a sketch, no issues.

If you can upload a sketch, then your board has Optiboot if your "Processor" in the Tools menu is set to "ATmega328P"
If you can upload a sketch when "Processor" is set to "ATmega328P (Old Bootloader)", then you have ATmegaboot.
Figuring out exactly which version of Optoboot is more difficult, and figuring out which version of ATmegaboot is nearly impossible.

Could'nt upload a sketch with selection of processor >328P (Old Bootloader), The sketch uploaded with the 328p Option.
This rests my question, saves me the bother and uncertainty over burning the optiboot....
Thanks @ missdrew and @westfw

westfw:
Figuring out exactly which version of Optoboot is more difficult, and figuring out which version of ATmegaboot is nearly impossible.

I googled for latest Optiboot, found one Optiboot V8 authored by you on github.
I have installed the optiboot V8 through the boards manager.
Will try to upload this version of Optiboot, waiting or my programmer to arrive. Am locked up elsewhere away from home due to this darn pandemic. so had to order one.

Since you are going to install a new bootloader anyway, do as was suggested and select UNO instead of Nano when burning the bootloader, that will allow you to use an additional 1.5k bytes of flash memory for your code.

david_2018:
Since you are going to install a new bootloader anyway, do as was suggested and select UNO instead of Nano when burning the bootloader, that will allow you to use an additional 1.5k bytes of flash memory for your code.

Yes @david_2018, will keep this in mind, please excuse me not acknowledging your input in this thread.