Some comprehension question:
(1) Before I can program via FTDI a bootloader must be installed, right?
(2) A bootloader can not be installed vie FTDI, right?
(3) A bootloader can only be installed via ICSP, right?
(4) Can I also upload a sketch via ICSP utilizing the bootloader?
(5) Can I upload a sketch via ICSP without a bootloader?
(6) If I can upload a sketch without a bootloader, where is it stored on the ATMEGA? Is it stored in a different memory area compared to when it's uploaded with a bootloader?