Bored? BAR SPORT QUESTION: how long does Arduino IDE take to start for you?

in my forums we started a thread collecting how long people's Arduino IDE takes to start up (which they posted to various places).

You're welcome to post there (you should register and then make a sweet table summarizing your stats so we can compare).

of course, you can do it here too :-D

NOTE: this question is in bar sports because it has absolutely no redeeming value. it doesn't matter in the slightest whether the java runtime starts in 2.4 seconds or 11 seconds. the only question is: How bored are you? :D :D :D :D

9.2 seconds :slight_smile:

Less than 2 seconds

7.14999993 seconds.

Well it was 7.15, I just don't trust my iphone.

Tried it 3 times.

Now what do I do the rest of the time.

I had a power failure, I started the computer when the power was restored. It seemed like it took Arduino mre than five minutes to start though! I had 7 windows open, and they reopened with their last compiled versions intact. But!!! Five minutes??

I think that is because it creates stuff in the Temp and AppData, as well as getting boards manager updates.

Isaac96: I think that is because it creates stuff in the Temp and AppData, as well as getting boards manager updates.

sounds like an easy place to optimize. It would also explain the huge differences (about an order of magnitude) between different people's times. I wonder if anyone is set up with Temp or AppData being somehow on a ramdrive and see what happens :)