Bottling machine

Good day,

I am very new to all this arduino stuff. I am looking to using it for a bottling project and i need some help with the code. I would like a motor to continue running until a proximity sensor sees a bottle then motor stops then four separate load cells will reset to zero before some solenoids will be activated then once the load cell reach there desired weight the solenoids will fire again retracting the pistons and the motor will start back up. After the proximity sensor counts four bottles go by the whole system repeats. I would like this program to be started and stopped by a momentary button as well. This is a massive undertaking for someone like myself and i am way over my head but would love if anyone could provide some help.

robin1299:
Good day,

I am very new to all this arduino stuff. I am looking to using it for a bottling project and i need some help with the code. I would like a motor to continue running until a proximity sensor sees a bottle then motor stops then four separate load cells will reset to zero before some solenoids will be activated then once the load cell reach there desired weight the solenoids will fire again retracting the pistons and the motor will start back up. After the proximity sensor counts four bottles go by the whole system repeats. I would like this program to be started and stopped by a momentary button as well. This is a massive undertaking for someone like myself and i am way over my head but would love if anyone could provide some help.

I am guessing you already have all the mechanical stuff done?

Paul

I'm just curious - why did you choose a microcontroller for this as opposed to a 'brick' type PLC?

All the mechanical stuff is done and i chose Arduino over a PLC as i thought arduino would be cheaper as more simple but i could be miss understood.

The manuals are available for the products at the linked site. Looking over that material may help you decide.