Box for 170 hole breadboard?

Well, that didn't take several weeks. ???

Edit:
That black box is 70 X 41 X 23 :frowning:

Instead of putting effort into posting off-topic mocking comments and posting off topic pictures.
Put your effort into answer the question the OP asks!

For those who seek the same answer I did:

I´ve found these boxes that fits the "170 hole" breadboard (45 x34 x 9mm)
The box is 63.5 x 43.5 x 25 mm and can be found here:

Go for RX2009 I have the box linked above also, but find the RX2009 to be better quality.

You're welcome.

Once you get your project to the point of needing an enclosure it's time to get rid of the breadboard and solder it on a real circuit board. I prefer the stripboard(AKA veroboard) style for one-off projects or you can design a real PCB and get it made for you from a multitude of different companies for a surprisingly low price if you don't mind the wait.

pert:
Once you get your project to the point of needing an enclosure it's time to get rid of the breadboard and solder it on a real circuit board. I prefer the stripboard(AKA veroboard) style for one-off projects or you can design a real PCB and get it made for you from a multitude of different companies for a surprisingly low price if you don't mind the wait.

You´re quite right. I don´t mind the wait if I find a good solution, maybe you can give me a hint a company you´ve used?
The problem is, my project are for simple home automation solution for friends that is not very technical.
My idea is that this way it´s easier to trouble shoot in the future. –Or maybe not? :slight_smile:

Well I must admit that I haven't yet had a PCB made for me, though I have done some work on a couple of designs. After some research the source I had decided on is:
http://dirtypcbs.com
You'll also hear a lot of people who like:
http://www.oshpark.com
I think they are a good quality and ok price for small PCBs. I need a white solder mask for my board(because it is an LED product behind frosted glass so any other color will show up) and OSH Park only does purple so that was a deal breaker but I also figured I'd try out the cheaper option(for the larger board size I need). Even though dirtypcbs talks themselves down I've actually seen only good reviews.

There's a pretty long forum thread on the subject here:
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=117639

There are a ton of options for PCB manufacturing and I think most will be suitable as long as you don't need anything too microscopic. The trick is the cheap ones are all done in China so you have to either wait for standard shipping or pay more than the price of the boards for the fast shipping. Also keep in mind that Chinese New Year is coming up in January and the whole country shuts down for a couple weeks so that can slow things down.

I've just been using stripboard or similar for my projects so far but there's a lot to be said for having a real PCB. Learning to use the EDA software is a bit tricky for the first board but once you get the hang of it it's probably faster than doing the stripboard layout and the assembly will definitely be faster and less error prone because you can see exactly where every component goes. Also, once you get into surface mount work the stripboard really doesn't cut it anymore. You can get adapter boards but it's way nicer to just have the footprint right on your main board.

Breadboards do make it very easy to change things around but they can also be the source of problems because you don't get super reliable connections and components can get knocked loose. I often end up needing to wiggle things around just to get it working right. That can definitely make things much more complicated when you don't know whether the problem is with your circuit, your parts, your code, or just bad connections on the breadboard. They also have high stray capacitance because of the parallel contacts which can cause problems for certain applications. You could say stripboard also has parallel traces but you can shorten the stripboard traces to only what you need, you can't do that with a breadboard. I think breadboards are very useful for experimenting and preliminary prototyping but I'd never use one past that stage. Also, there's the "cool factor" to consider. Think of how much more awesome your project will look all soldered together on a circuit board!

So my advice is to use the breadboard to make sure you have your circuit how you want it and maybe don't be too surprised if you end up going through a couple of revisions of your PCB but under no circumstances should you pass a product made on a breadboard off to anyone else. At that point you definitely want everything soldered so it will be reliable for the long term..