Brand-new Yun creates a wifi network but password not accepted

I am a newbie, have just started up my Arduino Yun. I started by upgrading OpenWRT-Yun as directed at Getting started with the Arduino Yun – the Arduino with WiFi.

This article and many others describes that the Yun will create a network called “Arduino Yun-XXXXXX”. However, the network created by my Yun is different, it is called “Linino-90A2DAF050EE”.

Navigating to 192.168.240.1 in my browser, I see the login screen, but when I enter password “arduino” it isn’t accepted, wrong password it says.

I tried the same using Terminal on my Mac:

Tonys-iMac:~ tonyb$ ssh root@192.168.240.1
The authenticity of host ‘192.168.240.1 (192.168.240.1)’ can’t be established.
RSA key fingerprint is 42:54:40:52:6e:5e:00:5f:c6:dd:6a:3e:11:8e:17:2d.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
Warning: Permanently added ‘192.168.240.1’ (RSA) to the list of known hosts.
root@192.168.240.1’s password:
Permission denied, please try again.

Same password but denied.

I tried pressing the WLAN reset for 5 seconds, and then again for 30 secs, but same thing, password not accepted.

How to proceed?

If the WiFi name has Linino in it, you either have a very old Yun from Arduino.cc (this site) or you have a board from arduino.org (which split off from this company under bad terms.) Try a password of "dog hunter" and if that works, you probably should be looking at that other site: Arduino - Home

Thank you, "doghunter" indeed worked!

Are there any other negative implications of having this arduino.org board? I feel a little annoyed, I have just bought it off Amazon and didn't realise it would be any different from the official board.

There is some debate over which company is the "official" Arduino. The founders have had a difference of opinions, and a portion of the original company (who runs this arduino.cc site) have split off and formed their own company and use the arduino.org domain. They both claim to be the "true" Arduino. It's sad, because all this has done is lead to confusion and left the users wondering what is going on. Exactly your situation.

I have not used that arduino.org Linino software, so I can't say whether it is better or worse than the OpenWRT used by arduino.cc. There may be users here who are familiar with it, but there are likely to be many more who are familiar with the arduino.cc OpenWRT version.

Dear ShapeShifter,

Thanks a lot for your answer.
I had fallen into the same trap as assetwolf :-).

I bought Arduino by my local Arduino re-seller and
I had no idea that Arduino.cc and Arduino.org are different.
So by reading tutorials and documentation pages, I was also confused.

Now it seems it is clear for me what I had bought :-).

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Seweryn.