Breadboard arduino with at least 13 analog inputs

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for an arduino that I can place on a breadboard an needs at least 13 analog inputs.
I found the teensy3.5 board, but I'm a little scared about compatibility with the sensors that I want to use (pololu qtr8a; 2x TCS34725; sharp distance sensor).
So is there anyone that can tell me about the compatibility of the teensy board or can suggest me an alternative?

Thanks in advance.

how many samples per second are you looking at?

Crossroards breadboard Mega DIP has 16 analogs.

how many samples per second are you looking at?

I don't know, something like an official arduino? I think it isn't very important. Thanks for the reply!

Crossroards breadboard Mega DIP has 16 analogs.

I need something small, that I can easy solder on a custom pcb, the max length is 18 cm (+/- 7 inch). But also thanks for your reply!

“the max length is 18 cm (+/- 7 inch)”

His PCB (at the bottom of the image) is 5.5 X .875"
It is easy to solder

You can also consider an analog multiplexer IC; e.g. 74HC4067. You can combine it with any Arduino.

Anton_H:
I don't know, something like an official arduino? I think it isn't very important. Thanks for the reply!

the number of channels to sample, bits converted and the sampling rate (number of samples per second) determines the specification of the A to D converter, multiplexor, etc. for high sampling rates you may need to use DMA.

His PCB (at the bottom of the image) is 5.5 X .875"
It is easy to solder

In that case it can be a good choice, but is there a place where you can buy it (and ship it to Belgium) or do you have to make it yourself (I think I can't solder that chip, it's too small).

You can also consider an analog multiplexer IC; e.g. 74HC4067. You can combine it with any Arduino.

I didn't know what that was, but that is a good idea. I think it will be my second choice if I found nothing else.

the number of channels to sample, bits converted and the sampling rate (number of samples per second) determines the specification of the A to D converter, multiplexor, etc. for high sampling rates you may need to use DMA.

I just know that an Arduino Mega2560 worked fine for me. But can you say me what will happens if the sampling rate is too low and what will happens if it is too high please?

But is there anyone that can tell me something about the compatibility of the libraries of the sensors that I want to use with the Teensy3.5 board?

Thanks you all for your replies.

if your sampling frequency is too low you get aliasing and loose information, have a look at

if your sampling frequency is too high you can waste memory and processing time, see

The minimum sampling rate is often called the Nyquist rate is equal to twice the highest frequency required from the sampled data, e.g. to sample a 10KHz signal you require a minimum of 20000 samples/second

The minimum sampling rate is often called the Nyquist rate is equal to twice the highest frequency required from the sampled data, e.g. to sample a 10KHz signal you require a minimum of 20000 samples/second

And how do I know how much KHz I need (sorry but it's the first time that I read about 'samples/second').

Anton_H:
And how do I know how much KHz I need (sorry but it's the first time that I read about 'samples/second').

Depends on what kind of signal you want to measure.

"In that case it can be a good choice, but is there a place where you can buy it (and ship it to Belgium) or do you have to make it yourself (I think I can't solder that chip, it's too small)."

MrsCrossRoads and I make and assemble them and we ship worldwide.

At the most, you'd have to install the header pins if you wanted to. We would normally do that as well tho.

Robert/CrossRoads

Anton_H:

the sampling rate depends on the project requirements, e.g.

1. water level in a river: sample once every 10 minutes
  2. analogue potentiometer: control the temperature of a heater sample 50 samples/second
  3. low quality (voice) sound: 10000 samples/second
  4. High quality sound: 48000 or higher samples/second
  5. video: depends on quality required, e.g. 10MHz sampling rate for low quality

you also need to consider the resolution (number of bit converted) of the AtoD

have a look at
https://wiki.analog.com/university/courses/electronics/text/chapter-20