Breadboard with its jumper wires isn't working

Hi, recently I have received my Breadboard + 65 jumper wire pack from eBay. Now I want to test it, I connect LED and wires to breadboard, but there isn't power in LED. My item's eBay link is here for reference: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261268620892?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648

I think that maybe I do something wrong. What is the problem? Thanks!

Welcome!

We would only really be able to help if you post a circuit diagram. What makes you thin the board is at fault- have you tested the LED with wires and a resistor straight from a battery? Is the battery fresh? Edit: Don't forget LEDs only work one way round.

Some makes of board have a split in the power rails in the centre: so if you have attached power at one side and the LED way along at the other, that may be the problem.

Use a meter to test that you actually have power to the LED.

Jim

Thanks for reply! I solved the problem. The cause was wrong connection of jumper wires. It is my fault. Thanks!

In case you or others don't know - those are actually pretty nice breadboards (as opposed to the less expensive all-white plastic ones).

The top and bottom sections (the power rails - with the red and blue +/- symbols) can usually be separated from the main breadboard; these rails have all the pins for each "row" connected (some may have the middle "split", and you can use small jumpers to connect the halves).

With the two separate complete rails, it means you can have two different supplies if you want (or with careful hookup, a dual-ended supply for dual-ended op-amps and the like). Being removable, you can space them a distance away from the main breadboard (or you can purchase more sections, and build a larger surface).

The center section has each column of five pins connected together; the "valley" in between separates the sides so you can place DIP ICs across the valley without shorting the pins (the standard sized DIP IC is 0.3" wide - double width DIP ICs exist which are 0.6" wide - and there are wider ones, but they tended to be for certain old microprocessors and similar chips; not something you would likely ever work with).

Get yourself several of these, then pick up a piece of 1/8" or 3mm aluminium sheet metal (or other metal - if desperate or you have it lying around, the side of a computer case can work well). These boards should have double-stick tape on the back; clean the aluminium sheet with some rubbing alcohol, build a larger board, and stick it down; add some feet to the bottom, maybe an area to mount your Arduino (off to the side, or in the middle; whatever suits you) - you could also add some banana jacks or test-lead posts off the top or side for power connections...

They also sell larger boards like this, but they only get so big - and they tend to cost a fair amount as well; if you have good scrounging-for-parts skills, you can cut down on that cost.