Breadboarding

hi guys im planning to do a project on breadboard(after completion onto a pcb)..i would like to use atmega 328p for the same and preferably coding using arduino ide the question is,how can i use a standalone MCU with arduino? is this possible with arduino as ISP? ive got a UNO board,from my limited knowledge it has auto reset and in arduino site it is given ISP is not possible with UNO :( anyways i could use my MCU with arduino language friends?..need ur help

Hi,

sreejithu4u: is this possible with arduino as ISP?

Yes. Is that how you would prefer to program it? Using ISP?

Hi, I always include a six pin header on my breadboard/stripboard Arduino designs and use one of these to program them -

http://www.oomlout.co.uk/usb-serial-converter-p-266.html

Duane B

rcarduino.blogspot.com

Info here: Gammon Forum : Electronics : Microprocessors : How to make an Arduino-compatible minimal board

I have a 328 on a breadboard and I also have a max2323 serial interface chip on the breadboard. I program it just like my arduino board, using PC Serial port, either hardware or USB to 232.

Yup as ISP i meant..is it necessary to burn the bootloader to the new chip? or is it just burn arduino as isp sketch to the UNO board and proceed as in arduino site? one more question As mentioned in arduino website this does not works for UNO board?

You have 2 choices:

Load a bootloader into the chip (using an ISP), and then download sketches via IDA and the Serial Pins. Or, load the sketch directly (using an ISP) with the IDE. Then you don't have a bootloader, and you cannot load sketches via the Serial Pins.

An Arduino can be used as an ISP to load a different blank chip. I prefer using a dedicated AVR ISP, such as this one: http://www.mdfly.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=415

sreejithu4u: Yup as ISP i meant..is it necessary to burn the bootloader to the new chip?

No.

or is it just burn arduino as isp sketch to the UNO board and proceed as in arduino site?

Yes.

one more question As mentioned in arduino website this does not works for UNO board?

It works fine. Use a 10 uF (or higher) capacitor to disable auto-reset.

THANK YOU EVERYONE LET ME CHECK IT OUT :)