break a word into letters

I have been trying for the last 5 days to find an answer to this. My problem is that i want to set a String like
String name = "dog";

and break the word dog in an array of each letter like

char words ('d','o','g');

I am new in programming and my skills are not very good so sorry if something is wrong

This would be trivial if you used a C string instead of the oft-deprecated String. I can't do anything without code in any case.

If you post your code, PLEASE post properly.

The method charAt() may be what you want, but don’t go past the end of the String !

this is the code is not nearly done but basically what i want is that a speaker play whatever word you enter.
This code was written by watching multiples youtube videos because a take a class of arduino last year in high school but i feel like I have learn nothing. Even when mi grades where straight A

#include <digitalWriteFast.h>
#include <Talkie.h>
#include <TalkieLPC.h>
#include <TalkieUtils.h>
#include <Vocab_Soundbites.h>
#include <Vocab_Special.h>
#include <Vocab_Toms_Diner.h>
#include <Vocab_US_Acorn.h>
#include <Vocab_US_Clock.h>
#include <Vocab_US_Large.h>
#include <Vocab_US_TI99.h>

String text;
Talkie voice;
void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:
Serial.begin(9600);

Serial.println("Enter a Sentence");
  while (Serial.available()==0) {}
  text = Serial.readString();
  text.toCharArray(speech , 50);
}

void loop() {
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:
  Serial.println(speech);
  for (int i = 0; i < speech;i++)
  {
    Serial.println (i);
    voice.say(sp2_H);
  } 
}

speaker.ino (756 Bytes)

Please edit your post to enclose the code in code tags, rather than quote tags.

speaker play whatever word you enter

That is not possible. The word must be in one of the libraries, which are rather limited.

If you want the Arduino to spell out a word letter by letter, then the Talkie data for the sound of each letter must be in one of the libraries (hint: it is).

Look through the libraries to see what words and sounds have been included. Then work out a way to look up each letter of a given word, translate that into its corresponding Talkie data entry and use the Talkie function say() to output the sound.

Use an amplifier with your Arduino -- if you connect a speaker or earphone directly to the output pin(s), you will damage the pin(s).