Hi, today 3 Xbee+Shield are arrived at home. On one of those shield the "associate" led doesn't blink or light up but if i change the Xbee module it "blinks". XCTU also can't "read" the "bricked" Xbee module. Is there a way to de-brick the module or I've just send it back to the shop?
Maybe it needs resetting. Have you tried that. There is a reset pin that you ground (can't remember which pin it is off hand).
If that doesn't work then send it back ;)
Mmm on the shield or on the xbee module?
On the xbee. I have not used the shield but there might be some easier way to do it through the shield...
I’m following some guides about restoring the xbee modules with XCTU but is useless
1. Take the module out of the interface board.
2. Connect the interface board to the computer.
3. Open X-CTU make sure Baud Rate is set to 9600
4. Go to “Modem Configuration”
5. Put a check in the “Always update firmware” box
6. Select proper modem from drop down menu,
7. Select proper function set and firmware version
from drop down menus.
8. Click on the “Write” button. After a few seconds of
trying to read the modem, you will get an Info box
that says Action Needed. At this point, CAREFULLY
insert the module into the interface board.
9. You may get the info box again a short while after,
just use the reset button on the interface board.
What doesn't work then? Not reading it, errors?
Any other ideas?
Yeah, send it back. Sounds very like a duff module.
yep, sent a couple of hours ago a mail to smartprj (the shop) ... still waiting the reply
they'll send me another module on monday :)
they'll send me another module on monday
Well glad it was sorted painlessly ;)