Bridge does not startup (or takes very long)

Hi
I have been wondering why sometimes my sketch starts and sometimes it works fine.
Due to error logging on a LCD I found that the Bridge.begin(); command can take several minutes.
Now I was monitoring the startup in a SSH and I noticed that the "python bridge.py" process (which is the linino part of the bridge) is started and stopped several times when the Bridge.begin(); command is running.
The BridgeClass::begin(); code has a continue which can explain this behavior.
The continue happens when the transfer of "XX100" (reset bridge as to the documentation) times out.

Have other people noticed this problem?

Best regards
Jantje

exec python bridge.py 2> /tmp/bridge.py-stderr.log

Did you check content of "/tmp/bridge.py-stderr.log" ?

After successfully running sketches on my Yun for several months now, my most recent sketch stopped running after upgrading to OpenWrt 1.4.1. Now, every sketch I’ve tried that uses the bridge seems to hang up at the bridge.begin() statement. When I attempt to execute bridge.py from the command line, I get traceback info, and the same info appears in the bridge.py-stderr.log:

root@Arduino6:/usr/lib/python2.7/bridge# exec python ./bridge.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./bridge.py", line 32, in <module>
    import packet
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/bridge/packet.py", line 31, in <module>
    from subprocess import call
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 432, in <module>
    import pickle
EOFError: EOF read where object expected
Connection to arduino6.local closed.

I’m a novice in Python, so I’m hoping someone can help me understand what’s going wrong here.
Cheers,
Mike

Is that command line opened via SSH? Bridge is not meant to be run from a SSH terminal: it needs a real TTY as it relies on some of its features

Regarding your problem with Bridge.begin(), can you post the whole sketch?