broke my Mintduino

i hooked up the power source to it and suddenly the voltage regulator got very hot, as did the chip and the green led dimmed and died. i had mis-wired something, and now the green led wont light. i think i burned the IC out. any way to get a replacement?

Yep. Buy one.

You may have smoked anything or everything. If the green LED is a power indicator then you probably cooked the regulator. The 328 chip may have survived or may not.

Did your circuit ever work or did it smoke on power up? I suspect a wiring error, perhaps a short circuit. Check you connections carefully.

If you are using a battery make sure you do not connect it backwards.

mst3kjedi: i hooked up the power source to it and suddenly the voltage regulator got very hot, as did the chip and the green led dimmed and died. i had mis-wired something, and now the green led wont light. i think i burned the IC out. any way to get a replacement?

Yes, if you'd like some help figuring out IF you blew the IC, more info would be helpful. - What was your "power source" - Photo of how hooked up? - Sketch/schematic of how you were trying to hook up? - Anything else to help us understand what happened... - etc.

Thanks.