Broken Arduino?

My Arduino isn't detected by my computer anymore not even in device manager. The LEDs don't blink anymore when I press reset either. I think it might have broke when I plugged in 9V as VCC2 to my H-Bridge. Another 5V connection was also made to VCC2 of the same H-Bridge. 9V straight to 5V might have been a short circuit, I am not sure. I know 5V straight to ground is a short circuit but is 9V to 5V one as well? Its a sad day any responses would be appreciated.

If you have connected 9V to the 5V pin, your board is gone (a sad day indeed). The microcontroller(s) is (are) rated for 6V maximum (see datasheet).

I connected the 9V to the Vin pin. It says it is rated for 7 - 12V. But I also connected 5 more V to the same pin. Maybe the 14V damaged the regulator. I’m just trying to figure out how I broke the Arduino so I don’t do it again. I also did something else dumb, I’m not sure if that was the reason it broke. I basically connected the 5V out the Arduino straight to Vin. I have a diagram below showing you what I mean. Any help would be appreciated!

You can't input more than 5v in the 5v pin, so connecting 9v into the 5v pin will do some problems to the board. What you should have done is to connect the 9v battery to the jack of the external power source.

Yup thats a short circuit for sure in the picture.
OUCH...
Chalk that one up to experience.

ballscrewbob:
Yup that’s a short circuit for sure in the picture.
OUCH…
Chalk that one up to experience.

Would removing the red wire that connects the IC and 5V resolve the short? If not then what is the problem with the circuit?

Yes! Vin and 5V are shorted. It means 9V on the MCU's VCC - not good.

ShahzadaK:
Another 5V connection was also made to VCC2 of the same H-Bridge. 9V straight to 5V might have been a short circuit, I am not sure. I know 5V straight to ground is a short circuit but is 9V to 5V one as well? Its a sad day any responses would be appreciated.

For ideal theoretical voltage supplies....having ideal zero internal resistances..... putting one supply in parallel with another one having a different voltage will result in an infinitely large current. But if the connecting wire is relatively low resistance...... a relatively large current will flow. And if the wire can't handle the power..... some burning can happen.

So .... 9V source output connected to 5V source output.... good enough to be considered a short circuit between these sources.