Brushless hub motor controller connection with arduino

I have brushless hub motor and I plan to get the controller for it: here is the link.

It is designed to be bidirectional. But what I can't understand and find any literature explaining it: how do I control the controller using arduino? Could someone help?

Also,

|500x353

From the image you can see the reverse cable seems to be of 2A, which is too big for arduino.

Its not 2 amp, those are the connector part numbers I think, the 2 is the number of wires.

Black is allegedly ground, the white wire is perhaps 5V logic, but a multimeter will confirm such things, as well as the current through the switch...

MarkT: Its not 2 amp, those are the connector part numbers I think, the 2 is the number of wires.

Black is allegedly ground, the white wire is perhaps 5V logic, but a multimeter will confirm such things, as well as the current through the switch...

Thank you for reply. So I just randomly send something like HIGH-LOW signals through 5V wires? Or should it be analogue sine wave or whatever?

Why would you need to reverse on a sine wave? It is just on and off: high and low.

The ‘accelerator’ will need an analog voltage though: I suggest a digital potentiometer will work best.

MorganS: Why would you need to reverse on a sine wave? It is just on and off: high and low.

The 'accelerator' will need an analog voltage though: I suggest a digital potentiometer will work best.

No i mean, speed control etc brake, and so on, what kind of signal it expects I just wonder.

The throttle pot it is expecting is likely 5k or 10k linear, and it probably checks for continuity in the
track, so you cannot just force a control voltage on to the wiper signal, unless you have a dummy
resistor playing the role of the track. Such circuits are designed to shutdown the motor if the throttle
connection fails open or closed circuit as a safety measure.