BTE Robot - Main Control Board

This is probably not an Arduino board, but I am new to this and don’t know what else to do. I also have an Arduino Uno that I want to connect this to. It says it is compatible.

I can’t upload my sketch to this board?

Drivers are installed, Com port is correct and it’s plugged in (lol).

I am running windows 7 64bit and using Aduino 1.0.5

Any ideas?

That looks to be using a PL-2303 USB/Serial IO chip. Do you have the drivers for that?
Load 'em up, try the Loopback test.
Once working, try simple Blink upload.
If not working, try putting the chip into the Uno board, see if Blink will upload there.
If not, then likely it does not have a bootloader. Restore the chips to their initial boards, and use the Uno to install a bootloader using Nick Gammon's sketch here:

Certainly looks like an Arduino in every detail.

It should have come with the "Blink" sketch already loaded to test it and start blinking when you power it up (by whatever means), which means it will have the bootloader also. The only problem should be which bootloader (and notably, baudrate) it is using, so that you may have to try different Mega328 16 MHz options under "Tools -> Board" such as Uno, Duemilanove, Pro Mini, Nano to see which one suits.

Not sure on what you mean by "an Arduino Uno that I want to connect this to" - they are essentially the same animal, how or why would you want to "connect" them?

I have tried each of the available "ATMega328p" devices in the list to no avail. I didn't notice a baud setting. I will check for that to see if I missed it.

I want to connect them to monitor multiple sensors. The availability of "pins" is limited with just one board. Unless... I can use the same pin for more than one sensor... I don't think it would work like that though.

Certainly looks like an Arduino in every detail.

No it doesn't - it's got a USB/Serial interface chip, PL2303, that is not on ANY Arduino board.
And with the 16 MHz crystal and caps it is more like a Duemilanove electrically.
More details here:

If there is a 2nd Arduino, it can rebootloaded as an Uno if it's not responding, and then you have a known configuration to work from.

What are the sensors? There might be a smarter way to connect them up.

Divinity82:
I want to connect them to monitor multiple sensors. The availability of "pins" is limited with just one board. Unless... I can use the same pin for more than one sensor... I don't think it would work like that though.

Ah, but it would!

It very much depends on what sort of sensors they are but firstly, I do hope you understand that the "analog" pins on the Arduino are in fact, digital pins that happen to have an optional alternative analog function?

The problem with using multiple boards is that you have to develop a way of communicating between them, which is almost always more complicated than any method of expanding the number of I/O functions.

The next problem is that people misunderstand the function of interrupts and start thinking they are required for such tasks as robot control for which they almost never are (with the possible exception of ultrasonic "pinging").

Thank you everyone for the help.

It seems I didn't try ALL the boards. Working now. :slight_smile: