I am completely new to Arduino platform and I am trying to find the way to build a device for my needs to detect human hand position in space.
I want to place that device on the human hand (like watches) and receive three different states:
- The hand is in the lower position: when the person is standing and doing nothing with his hands;
- The hand is likely to be in horizontal position: the person works with keyboard/writes;
- The hand is close to head/in vertical position: the person touches his head/holds the hand vertically.
The device should detect the position (for example, once in a second) and report the hand state via the beeper with a sound of a different frequency for states or via 3 LEDs of different colors.
Here is my findings about possible solutions based on Arduino platform:
- Arduino Lily Pad1 is small enough, has a battery as a power source, can be placed on the hand but I can’t find Gyroscope sensor (that’s the sad part)
- Arduino Board Nano2 is relatively small but I’m not sure about the power source and which Gyroscope to use: TinkerKit Gyroscope 2 Axis sensitivity 1X3 or TinkerKit Gyroscope 2 Axis sensitivity 4X4
Is this the right direction to move?
Are there any other solutions?