Building a TDS meter (or Electrical Conductivity/EC meter)

Hi everybody! I'm designing a "smart bottle" that measure the TDS (=Total Dissolved Solids) in tap water, but I'm just an Arduino beginner. Anybody has a tutorial to make it? I found in the forum this pdf that explain how to do it, but on a PIC18F1220 microcontroller

https://hal.inria.fr/file/index/docid/635652/filename/TDS_Logger_RJP2011.pdf but I'm having problems understanding the circuit and how to adjust it to Arduino.

Any help will be really appreciated! Thanks

Everything you need is on page 3 of your document. You don't need to worry about any other schematic -- all of that supporting circuitry (minus the external EEPROM which really isn't applicable in your situation) is already part of any Arduino board.

C+, C-, and EC can be any three digital pins on the Arduino.

To set pins as input or output read the pinMode() doc in the Learning/Reference area of the site, and to set it high or low see the digitalWrite() doc. You'll also want to read up on the pulseIn() function so you can time how long it takes a pin to go low per the measurement requirement.

This is a pretty rudimentary project -- to the point where it's difficult to see where you might have questions. You'll need to be more specific as to where your confusion lies.

I was wondering if you were able to create the prototype and code for reading an EC sensor and converting it to report TDS? I am working on a similar project and found the document perfect. Just would like to avoid creating a function to facilitate the lookup table needed for conversion. The sensors I am using are from H&M Digital and include a thermistor to assist with the temperature reading.

smarti:
Hi everybody!
I’m designing a “smart bottle” that measure the TDS (=Total Dissolved Solids) in tap water, but I’m just an Arduino beginner.
Anybody has a tutorial to make it?
I found in the forum this pdf that explain how to do it, but on a PIC18F1220 microcontroller

https://hal.inria.fr/file/index/docid/635652/filename/TDS_Logger_RJP2011.pdf
but I’m having problems understanding the circuit and how to adjust it to Arduino.

Any help will be really appreciated! Thanks