Building the SamD Bootloader with Windows 10 Linux

Hi,
I’m trying to build my own version of a bootloader for the SAMD21 devices but I’m getting stuck on my own lack of experience with makefiles. I’ve been following Adafruits tutorial on building bootloaders here: Compile | Compiling ATSAMD21 Bootloader | Adafruit Learning System

I’m using the Linux distribution included with Windows 10, with the all new preview version of Windows Terminal (Version: 0.3.2171.0).

I have got as far as getting make to run in the bootloaders/zero/ directory, but it stops at the following error:

• /bin/sh: 1: /home/bbigge/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc: not found*

I have checked the Arduino15 directory and the /tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/4.8.3-2014q1/bin/ directory is all there, and I have both the Arduino SAM and SAMD board manager packages installed. I’ve fiddled with the make file a bit and found these lines, which specify the path (lines 38-43 of the MakeFile):

• ifeq ($(UNAME_S),Linux)*
  • MODULE_PATH?=$(HOME)/.Arduino15/packages/arduino*
  • ARM_GCC_PATH?=$(MODULE_PATH)/tools/arm-none-eabi-gcc/4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-*
  • RM=rm*
  • SEP=/*
  • endif*

I’ve played around with different paths including changing it to this:

MODULE_PATH?=$(LOCALAPPDATA)/Arduino15/packages/arduino

but nothing has worked. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?