I am still relatively new to programming and have some questions about this.
My wiring diagram is attached.
Now I want to upload the bootloader and my program code to my soldered Atmega 328P-Au chip.
I think Uploading the bootloder will be not a problem for me. I will connect the Arduino Uno via ICSP interface to my soldered chip:
- Uno GND → Pin GND
- UNO 5V → Pin VCC
- Uno pin 10 → Pin 29 (Reset)
- Uno pin 11 → 15 (MOSI)
- Uno pin 12 → 16 (MISO)
- Uno pin 13 → pin 17 (SCK)
I have read about FTDI and that I can use it to upload my code to the Atmega.
I also wrote down the following contacts:
- Connect 5V of FDTI to VCC (pins 4, 6 and 18) of 328P-AU
- GND of FDTI with GND of 328P-AU
- TX from FDTI with RX (pin 30) from 328P-AU
- RX from FDTI with TX (pin 31) from 328P-AU
- Connect DTR pin of FDTI to reset pin of 328P-AU connect to 0.1uF
Now to my request !!
How can I contact the contacts RX TX and pins 4, 6 and 18 of my chip?
Are there any other ways to upload a code to the soldered chip?
What do I need exactly the bootloader for?
Can I upload a Code to my chip without the bootloader?
Thanks in Advance