burn bootloader with 'Arduino as ISP' fails with version 0022

After I had problems to burn the bootloader on my Arduino standalone, I found out that it fails with the Arduino software 0022 while it works fine with version 0021.

I am using: Arduino Duemilanove Standalone with Atmega 328 Mac OS 10.5.8 Circuit as shown on http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ArduinoISP - "targeting an AVR on a breadboard"

So it looks like I should submit a bug somewhere, should I? ullala :-)

I found out that it fails

Fails in what way? Is an error message produced? No error message but no bootloader?

In version 0022 an error message is produced: avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x15

Is the error produced when you try to burn the bootloader or when you try to use the stand-alone processor?

The error is produced when I try to burn the bootloader.

it shouldn't fail. i program a new atmega at least everyday using the arduino isp.

make sure you have all the pins hooked up exactly as they show you. and the way you should do it is to upload the program to one arduino. then when thats done tell it to run the bootloader.

one thing that you do need to do is to disable the autoreset on your arduino.

other than that it should work fine.

Is there more than one AVRDUDE.EXE file on your computer? Is there more than one AVRDUDE.CONF file on your computer?

I have currently 4 versions of the Arduino Software on my Mac, and each version contains an "avrdude.conf" in its package content:

/Applications/Software/2.Programming/Arduino/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf /Applications/Software/2.Programming/Arduino/r21/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf /Applications/Software/2.Programming/Arduino/r22Alpha/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf /Users/ullala/Documents/WORK/Electronic/Arduino/Arduino/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf

There is no additional "avrdude.conf" on my Mac. And there is no "AVRDUDE.EXE" on my Mac. :-)

Windows mindset......... ;)