Burning Arduino bootloader on atmega328p without 16MHz clock

Hello,

I've been trying to upload the Arduino bootloader on to the atmega328p on a custom PCB that I made. I have an AVRMKII that I know can read the atmega328p and upload code that I wrote in atmel from it, even make an LED blink.

However, I have all of my code in the Arduino IDE. I've tried uploading the hex bootloader with the atmel device programming and it tells me that it has programmed it correctly. When I go to Arduino IDE to upload my sketch i get something like this

Using Port : usb Using Programmer : stk500v2 An error occurred while uploading the sketch avrdude: usbdev_open(): did not find any USB device "usb" (0x03eb:0x2104)

avrdude done. Thank you.

I've used the shift + upload command to upload with programmer and i've done it without the shift command.

I don't have an external 16MHZ clock and i'm sure the fuses have been set to use the internal clock. The Arduino IDE won't recognize the AVRMKII on the COMs.

Does anyone have any advice on how i can upload my sketches on to my atmega328p with the avrmkII?

clemus: I have an AVRMKII that I know can read the atmega328p and upload code that I wrote in atmel from it, even make an LED blink.

I'm guessing by "atmel" you mean Atmel Studio?

I believe the cause of this is that the Jungo driver you installed for your AVRISP mkII is not compatible with AVRDUDE. You need to uninstall the Jungo driver and then install the libusbK driver for your AVRISP mkII using Zadig: [url=http://

clemus: I have an AVRMKII that I know can read the atmega328p and upload code that I wrote in atmel from it, even make an LED blink.

]

[/url]

Thank you so much! it was an instant fix and Zadig was very easy to use to replace the Jungo. Been at this for hours.