Hi, i am not able to burn Bootloader in my custom board which has Atmega2560...actually,in my custom board,i am using Atmega16u2 chip as usb to serial programmer..
I followed below procedure
- I connected my board to pc(windows 8.1,64 bit os) with the help of usb cable.
- Then i checked device manager in pc..my board was displaying in other devices like Atmega16u2(DFU)
- I installed atmel studio 6.0 and FLIP3.4.7 also( i follwed below link "How to Flash Arduino Bootloader without a Programmer – Welldone Blog" )
- Next,on my custom board,icsp of usb controller-->i linked 5-6 pins(reset and ground pins)then i gave power to my board means conneted usb cable to pc..
- In Device Manager board displaying under other devices like Atmega16u2(DFU) with yellow color exclamatory symbol.
- Then i right clicked that Atmega16u2 DFU and updated driver software(choosen path from my pc...
- Finally Installed...then it showing Atmega16u2 under libusb devices in Device Manager..
- After this,i uploaded avrisp mkII hex file from flip software... i removed usb cable connection ..again i connected that usb cable to my pc...
main problems i found:
- avrisp mkII device displaying under libusb devices folder...instead of jungo connectivity..
2)in atmel studio 6.0,i found avrisp mkII as tool,then i selected device i.e Atmega2560 next i clicked apply button...but im getting error popup like
"unable to connect to tool AVRISP mkII(000200312345)"
details: Timestamp: 2017-07-26 16:15:56.862
ModuleName: TCF (TCF command: Tool:connect failed.)
can u please tell me,which version of atmel studio will support windows 8.1,64bit and why jungo connectivity is not getting avrisp mkII instead of libusb devices
how can i approach burning bootloader in atmega2560 ...plz tell me exact procedure