Burning Bootloader on Atmega2560 and ATSAM3X8EA-AU PU

Hi!

I have one question for two Chips. How do I upload the Bootloader onto an Atmega2560? I planned to use an Arduino as ISP. Which lines do I need?
The same question goes for the ATSAM3X8EA-AU CPU, did anobody flash this CPU before?

regards

-tsaG

tsaG:
Hi!

I have one question for two Chips. How do I upload the Bootloader onto an Atmega2560? I planned to use an Arduino as ISP. Which lines do I need?

Look at this tutorial. Gammon Forum : Electronics : Microprocessors : Atmega bootloader programmer

The same question goes for the ATSAM3X8EA-AU CPU, did anybody flash this CPU before?

From what I have read, ATSAM3X8EA-AU CPU comes with a bootloader. That information was found somewhere in the DUE part of the forum.

regards

-tsaG

From what I have read, ATSAM3X8EA-AU CPU comes with a bootloader.

A PERMANENTLY LOADED bootloader, in "ROM", provided by Atmel. Therefore it cannot be accidentally deleted or damaged, and might have fewer bugs (or more importantly, they have 16k of space for their bootloader, which is 32times more than the Uno bootloader uses, and so should have permitted the sort of paranoid and complete effort that makes bugs significantly less likely.

From the SAM3x datasheet:

9.1.3.9 SAM-BA® Boot
The SAM-BA Boot is a default Boot Program which provides an easy way to program in-situ the on-chip Flash memory.
The SAM-BA Boot Assistant supports serial communication via the UART and USB. The SAM-BA Boot provides an interface with SAM-BA Graphic User Interface (GUI).
The SAM-BA Boot is in ROM and is mapped in Flash at address 0x0 when GPNVM bit 1 is set to 0.

(hopefully they didn't use up all that space making the GUI pretty.)