Buttonbox copy/paste between two computers?

Hi everyone, first post and third project so far ^^

I'd like to make a small device that I can connect to a computer, push a button to copy the selected text, unplug, plug in another computer, and push a button to paste.

After some research I guess that an arduino micro turned into a buttonbox might do the trick (with room for more functions ;) ) but I'm missing one key information: would the "copy" part survive to the unplug/replug?

As I understand it, it should be copied to the EEPROM and be fine, but I can't find anything to confirm that.

I may also be completely wrong and you may have a much better solution to offer, I'm open to every suggestion ;)

Edit: of course, found the answer a few minutes after posting.... https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/EEPROM

I’m not sure how you will do the cut and paste bit , you will need programs on the PC’s to do that. The Eeprom capacity is small and has a limited number of read/write cycles. You won’t be able to copy much .

I’m sure there are applications that will do this between 2 computers on the same network and not need anything else ... or memory stick ?

As I understand it, it should be copied to the EEPROM and be fine, but I can't find anything to confirm that.

Then, you didn't understand what EEPROM is for. The term persistent is prevalent in any discussion of EEPROM. If you understand what persistent means, you'd understand that EEPROM is perfact for what you want.

However, if you have the Arduino send Ctrl-C to the PC, the copied data will be in the clipboard ON THE PC. You would then need to write an application that you could invoke by sending a command to the PC, that could access the clipboard, and send the data back. Since the active window is what gets the keystrokes sent by the Arduino, this could represent a real challenge.

PaulS: Then, you didn't understand what EEPROM is for. The term persistent is prevalent in any discussion of EEPROM. If you understand what persistent means, you'd understand that EEPROM is perfact for what you want.

Well, given that it was exactly what I thought, and was just looking for someone with more knowledge to confirm my thoughts, and also as I ended up finding the solution myself, I guess I did understood ;) No need to be rude.

PaulS: However, if you have the Arduino send Ctrl-C to the PC, the copied data will be in the clipboard ON THE PC. You would then need to write an application that you could invoke by sending a command to the PC, that could access the clipboard, and send the data back. Since the active window is what gets the keystrokes sent by the Arduino, this could represent a real challenge.

Actually, that's the first thing I found while doing my research... Of course the code will need some tweaking to work as I want (or even to just work) and I only have 1 week long of experience, but I'm pretty confident on that part. We'll see, thanks for the confirmation.