C-Language onliy for my Arduino Board?? Washing Machine Home Automation

Does anyone know how to create a C-language interrupt handler?

I have been advised that I can completely compile my own C-language or C++ language program that eliminates using the Arduino language, but I need to know how to configure an Arduino ATMEGA2650 board from the getgo, setting up the necessary 2650 registers and initializing timer IRQ's etc. I need to know what pins are reserved for the USB programming interface and other reserved pins on the 2650 chip and how to use a MrkII programmer to eliminate the bootloader and interface the Arduimo 2650 board to the Rev. 5 IDE provided by ATMEL. I need to know what minimal initialization is necessary to get the IRQ's and timers and A/D to get up and running on the board with my own prioritizaton of IRQ's and my own ISR.

I have much experience with PIC 16F886,16F887,16F877,16F887 processor programming in C, but they are not robust enough for this task, since there is a considerable processing, calculating overhead for a PID controller and much too much ASCII strings for the readout...so I am going Arduino!

I am attempting to create my own washing machine controller and I need to precisely control the firing of the main motor TRIAC and therefore must have a precise time reference from the zero crossover of the AC line power, precisely measure the tach output (40 tach cycles per Rev.) for a machine rated at 1600 RPM, detect the state of 5 push-button switches, control 3 LED indicators, measure the temperature of the water with the built-in thermistor, control 3-water in solonoids with TRIACS, 1 relay to control the heating element for washing water, 3 relays to control the direction and startup torque of the main drive motor, 5 TRIACS to manage the water pump, the thermal door lock, the water input solonoids, and read a PWM output water level sensor that ranges in output from 20mSec to 51mSec period, and finally, manage AC power isolated optocoupled communication to a monitoring computer for debugging my control program and monitoring operation remotely and finally and drive a 16x2 line standard alphanumeric LCD for settings and status on the machinej.

Does anyone know how to create a C-language interrupt handler?

Download and install the Arduino software. Locate "wiring.c". Towards the top is a good example.

I have been advised that I can completely compile my own C-language or C++ language program that eliminates using the Arduino language, but I need to know how to configure an Arduino ATMEGA2650 board from the getgo, setting up the necessary 2650 registers and initializing timer IRQ’s etc.

Sure, you can, but why would you do all that work when the existing arduino setup takes care of all this for you and you’ll be coding in C/C++ using the existing IDE? I don’t see anything in your washing machine requirement that the standard arduino can’t handle.