Camera control advice.

I would like to control a ptz camera which will be recorded by standard recorder , external.

I would like to control the ptz head with another camera.

Wide camera procecess image for changes or movement and steers the main camera onto that area for a closer image.

What sort of processor solution am i likely to need ?

Camera will me monochrome pal output only.

Camera will me monochrome pal output only.

"Monochrome PAL" would be CCIR.

Yes

Sorry , cant be pal if its monochrome , i should have said 50 hz frame rate.

No, that would be a 50Hz field rate.

Fair enough, iv been scoping it with ccir switched off.

It does 50 hz frame rate non interlaced and capable of 100 hz interlaced.
But i cannt decode that.

Have you worked out what sort of spatial capture resolution your algorithm is going to need? How does that map to the sort of ADC speed you're going to need?

(Yes, I have done exactly this (full PTZ) using a 20MHz 32 bit processor, but it was a commercial product, so don't ask for the code)

AWOL: Have you worked out what sort of spatial capture resolution your algorithm is going to need? How does that map to the sort of ADC speed you're going to need?

(Yes, I have done exactly this (full PTZ) using a 20MHz 32 bit processor, but it was a commercial product, so don't ask for the code)

I would not dream of it. Commercial systems exist but are unobtanium here if you do not work for military or drug companies etc.

Algorithms etc , i do not underestimate this. Back 15 to 20 yrs i worked on line and later frame timebase correctors and standards convertors for tv.

Recent stuff like anpr etc im not familiar with.

Going back to origional post im wondering what current products i should be lookingg at that can do the required processing.

Yup, it would've been about twenty years ago, when a megabyte of RAM was still something of a luxury. The system worked on a 32×32 or 64×64 8 bit grey scale capture and was a single board about the size of a VHS cassette, RS170 or CCIR.

If you can get the data in fast enough, the Due might well be fast enough - mine was a 20MHz 32 bit processor

Can you say if you did this witha language , or did you habe to use assembler.?

I did nit phrase thet well,did you use a

It was all written in C.